Monday, April 6, 2009

Guilt And Entitlement

I will not apologize for my talents. I will not apologize for being happy. I will not apologize for things I have worked hard for. If you don't value hard work or self-sufficiency then I don't give a damn about your feelings. You are not entitled to the fruits of my labor. You will not get a cent or a tear from me if your life sucks.

Guilt is an evil vice that turns otherwise good people into slaves. If you live consistent with a consistent philosophy then there is never any reason for feeling guilt. You will still make mistakes because your knowledge is incomplete. But you acted exactly how you should have according to what you knew and you should be proud of that even if you were ultimately wrong. Guilt is a waste of time. It neither helps me nor you. What's done is done and can't be undone. Since I live a consistent eternalist philosophy I will learn from my mistakes whether or not I feel guilty. Feeling guilty will merely make me miserable. I choose to be happy. I will not feel guilty.

My success does not make me your slave. Screw you. My success must surely come as a result of adherence to natural law. Everyone who exalts the honor of work of body and mind will reap the natural rewards. I have no moral or social obligation to share my duly earned rewards with anyone else. If you want to be happy then do those things which must surely lead to happiness. If you don't want to do all those things then you are welcome to have a miserable existence until you die in disgusting squalor. I will surely not obstruct your right to be miserable. And you will surely not obstruct my right to be happy. What I do with my duly earned resources is my choice. You may choose to ask for material or philosophical help. I may choose to help you because I know helping you will increase my happiness. But you cannot demand my help. And if you feel entitled to something I have earned you can fornicate yourself with an iron stick.

I will not apologize for choosing to be right. Feel free to exercise your right to be right and happy or stubbornly wrong and miserable.

No comments:

Post a Comment