Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Eternalism

Eternalism is the philosophy that embraces all truth. Everything that is, that was, or that will be. All truth is self-consistent. Truth must be sought and discovered. New information must be compared to what is already known, and if consistent, may also be true.

The main conviction of eternalism is the lack of absolute conviction. What is believed to be true is regarded as such (life is lived according to and consistent with truth presently known) until a counterexample is revealed or a better or more encompassing/robust truth reveals itself. We live according to what we know now and actively seek better knowledge that our understanding of truth can be constantly expanded and when necessary, corrected. Every truth in heaven, earth or hell is the life philosophy of the eternalist.

Please present me with what you know or believe and your reasons for believing such. I will respond accordingly and vice versa that we both may come to better understand the truth and live accordingly. The premises for any discussion or logical argument can never be that someone or some idea is wrong. Among the fundamental premises that can be used as postulates are that all truth must be consistent and that the individual is seeking happiness. I want to be happy and will do everything I can to be happy. I believe that living according to the truth will maximize my chances of happiness. I have never yet found a counterexample.

Eternalism embraces all the natural laws of the universe, of all that is. Eternalism governs all interactions, all relationships and all consequences of actions. Eternalism is what is left when all self-deception and fantasy is removed. I know what I know because of experience and logical consistency. Knowledge of truth will be expanded by living according to truth already known (increasing experience) and developing my ability to think and analyze events and decisions rationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment